Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Media




It’s interesting to get feedback on my book.  I’ve had some reviewers even contradict each other when it comes to what they liked and didn’t like about my novella.  All in all, it’s been a sweet ride.  Everyone was entertained by the book and some people were pleasantly surprised at the erotic descriptions and deep plotline.  The list below contains all of the news media I am familiar with regarding “Fireflies” by Lacey Reah.  I tried not to leave anyone out.  I’m very grateful for those who took the time to write about my novella.


If you'd like to hear my voice and hear me answer some personal questions about my book and sex life, check out the pod cast to The Best of Hair Radio:

Here is a more detailed interview of me from Jagged Edge:

Also check out this great written interview at Dark Faery Subculture Magazine, a magazine that highlights counter culture artists:
And another interview from Bibrary, a blog that is dedicated to reviewing LGBT themed literature:

Here is a short interview on Macabre Cadaver Magazine:

Check out some links to recent book reviews by some great book bloggers below:
Wow...If you enjoy a world of fantasy and a story wrought with imagination, this is the book for you. The author builds a world that is not only full of sexual tension and description; but one in which a fantasy unfolds like no other I have ever read. Lacey keeps you on the edge of your seat and you wonder where she will take you next.
I finished this book in one day; I think that says a lot about a book. I just wanted to know what would happen with Linda, how she would cope with her new life and what she would do next. I love the way this book is written, it just sucks you in and won’t even let you go after you read the last sentence... There are a lot of erotic scenes in this book, but they are so beautifully written.http://mybookaddiction.blogspot.com/2011/02/review-fireflies-by-lacey-reah.html

Fireflies is not your typical, run-of-the-mill vampire story – for such a short read, it’s surprisingly deep, and entirely satisfying…Fireflies is a story that engages the reader physically, emotionally, and intellectually…
Whether she chooses to revisit the fireflies and Nymphomites again, or takes her talents in a completely different direction, Lacey Reah is certainly an author to keep an eye on…
http://bibrary.blogspot.com/2011/03/review-fireflies-by-lacey-reah.html


Lacey manages to turn a smut piece of vampire erotica into a genre-transcending work of hot, sexual philosophy and unflinchingly bares for us men the mysteries of the fairer sex… It’s a story of a dark descent, a black nirvana that leaves you hungry for more. You’ll be warmed and chilled in equal measure. Above all, keep a box of tissues handy because it is a very sexy book

The fast pace of the book can at times be confusing but the imagery that Lacey paints with her words is wonderful. At times I felt as if I was seeing what Linda was seeing and feeling what the other minor characters of the book were feeling. There is a lot of sexual acts in the book, but not so many that it takes away from anything in the book, a lot of the more graphic parts are really skipped over which is a great thing ( makes you imagine what you think is happening). The wording of the sexual scenes aren't graphic and Lacey uses so many different words to describe the anatomy  instead of the more common words used, which makes for a safer read in my opinion.
Now, I don’t want to give the plot away, but trust me, if you like vampire erotica, Lacey is a talented author who can deliver a climatic storyline and this book will be a worthy addition to your bookcase.

Lacey Reah’s novella Fireflies is an erotic story of horror and humanity that puts a rather sexy yet terrifying spin on what it means to be human. Reah presents us with an interesting take on the basic vampire, only the blood they suck must be during orgasm or else it does not work. Instead of romanticizing Linda’s life as something strange and wonderful, the story quickly shows the reality of living solely off the blood of the aroused, carefully straddling the realms of horror and drama without becoming too gruesome. Fans of the unconventional bisexual vampire will delight in Reah’s debut into fiction.

Very original and not a story line I have heard of before. The ending leaves you wanting more.  This book is amazing and leaves you speechless.
http://5678princessreviews.blogspot.com/2011/05/fireflies-by-lacey-reah.html


When I was a kid I found fireflies very fascinating and when I was in my aunt’s house, in mountain, I couldn’t wait to see them and every night it was an exciting event. Now, after reading this book I’m totally intrigued about them!

It isn't easy to make a sympathetic character out of someone who happily sucks the blood out of anybody who looks like easy prey, but Reah pulls it off pretty well. Linda is pretty much doomed from the beginning, and by the second half of the story, you wish there was some way out for her, despite her easy adoption of her new bloody appetite.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all of the reviews --- really great stuff, Lacey! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I get some me time I will check out your stuff. WTG!

    ReplyDelete