Thursday, March 15, 2012

Censorship Thwarted and the Death of Paper


 Borders is closed. Now Encyclopedia Britannica is out of business. The newspapers are also going out of business. Times are changing. I can’t say it’s all bad. The ebook evolution has done wonders for independent authors and you can get news and information at the drop of a hat. I will miss paper. It’s easier on my eyes. I’m glad we’re saving trees but I wonder how much energy we use with all that electricity. I guess I can google that.  ;)

In other news, Papal reversed its censorship rule thanks to many independent bloggers and authors who spoke out against it. This victory puts me in a much better mood. There are laws that make us sick, and facebook is full of links to articles about stupid laws that the government tries to pass. It feels good to know that we do have a say on these things and that we can fight a suppressive law. They say the pen is mightier than the sword. Writers have been waging battles since the dawn of time and if we are censored, we will yell until it kills us. We have written our words on jail cell walls and have snuck books to other countries to be published. Censorship can’t stop us so there is no point in trying. We help societies evolve by introducing new ideas and new ways of thinking.

3 comments:

  1. So very true dear Lacey.

    I look forward to buying this book asap.

    P.W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep and we have to keep on fighting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I'll have to keep fighting. I'm incapable of keeping my mouth shut. ;) I hope you enjoy the book, P.W.

    ReplyDelete